Readers Theatere helps to...
- develop fluency through repeated exposure to text.
- increase comprehension.
- integrate reading, writing, speaking, listening in an authentic context.
- engage students.
- increase reading motivation.
- create confidence and improve the self-image of students.
- provide a real purpose for reading.
- provide opportunities for cooperative learning.
A "Sensory" Experience: Improvisational activities provide a multi-sensory experience. Students learn from the visual stimulation of observing how other students interpret and express emotions. Auditory learning also takes place through listening to the other students’ voices during our activities.
Spontaneity and Problem Solving: Guiding students through improvisational activities help them to think “outside of the box” by allowing them to use their imaginations to create whatever they want. When given the space to explore they will naturally feel free to solve problems in unconventional ways through trial by error.
Nourishing the imagination, collaborating with others, critical thinking, knowledge of art, science and history, development of problem solving and fine motor skills are just some of the benefits our students get from learning about makeup and special effects. But most importantly, it’s FUN!
EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF DRAMA!
The benefits of drama for TK/KINDER:
· Drama builds confidence.
· Drama helps concentration.
· Drama helps develop language & communication skills.
· Drama encourages children to cooperate.
· Drama supports numeracy skills.
· Drama helps children to understand the world around them.
· Drama develops emotional intelligence.
· Drama assists physical development.
EMAIL DRAMA SUE AT firstname.lastname@example.org